Going to SCC in January....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishNdive38

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I saw a picture of their rental tanks..... they looked like rows of steel tanks?

DIN or yoke?

Will a good 3 mil be sufficient?

Lastly, will they be diving New Year's day?

I'm so excited to dive somewhere besides a quarry :).

SCC's tanks are Aluminum-80's. Yoke. I would take a 3mm hooded vest as well - just in case (different people have different tolerances for cold).

If I remember correctly, the only day the dive operation is closed is Christmas Day.

Have a great time. Don't forget a small lock for the lockers and a mesh bag to carry your gear onto the boats.

FYI, they only have 5 total steel 100s, so dont bank on getting them, they are in high demand

Another option for air-hogs:

Rig two Al-80s for one-hundred-sixty cubic feet of air.

roger.jpg

water temp, which suit to use... it is very personal thing. My husband and I both use a 5mm suit and I also wear a 3mm beanie diving in Cozumel. We go slow as possible, shooting photos and video, and so we don't generate alot of heat. Drift diving also can make some people colder as you don't have to kick as much. Keep that in mind.

robin:D

I was in Cozumel 4-11 Dec with a 3mm. By midweek I was wishing I had brought my 5mm. My computer was reading 78 degrees. Bring a sweatshirt & long pants, the evenings are a bit cool. The locals were layered up. Funny, I don't remember ever wearing long pants in Cozumel before, even my usual February trips. I wore socks every night. What a wuss.

Here's a pic of me. I'll be there Jan 22-29 with a small group from Lancaster Scuba.

Attachments

• Barry 003.JPG
    Barry 003.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 28
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom