going to puerto vallarta!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spicoli

New
Reaction score
I am going to puerto vallarta,mexico at the end of june and was wondering if anyone has any info on the diving there? thanks!

I went there a few years ago and we did a snorkel trip (wife isn't cert.) out to a place that was supposed to have mantarays...but we didn't see any and kept getting stung by tiny jelly fish on the surface...so I'd suggest exposure suits.

I have been working as a divemaster down there for the past couple of years. In June the water can still be a bit cool but is usually warm and in mid june you may not need any exposure suit. I prefer the diving in the summer and the crowds are generally a bit smaller. Was down working in December and it is very busy then. I recommend el morro or corbetena for advanced divers. I am biased but Twin Dolphins is a great operation and offers very individualized service and options for dive sites. I will be back in July and look forward to the diving. Great place for seeing giant manta rays, moray eels, seahorses, and turtles in the blue water. If I can help any further please respond.

well i have dove PV meny time love it but the only out fit i dive with is twin dolphine thay are located right accross the street from the bull ring thats all you have to remember enjoy

I laughed at El Walmart.

I was certified in Jan 2005 and dove again in Jan 2005. I found Pacific Scuba to be the utmost professionals . The Owner Javier personally did the certification and he was superb> I had a little trouble at first with my ears equalizing but he kept working with me until i mastered it. I had a great time!The second time I dove three days and ran into a little problem achieving neutral buoyancy. They solved that problem as well. If you are staying anywhere near the Krystal they are just across the bridge towards town. I'm planning on going again this Jan and will dive with them again. They give a superb underwater tour and great service, they even took time to let me get some great photos. Try them out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom