Going To Mexico, I New To Diving Any Suggestions ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,

Me (21 yrs) and my girlfriend (20 yrs) are flying to Mexico, Cancun next month. We are due to depart on 21st August and are staying for 14 nights, we are staying at The Gran Bahia Principe Tulum.

We were in Cuba last year and and had a fantastic time, we both love the sea and want to get into diving. As it stands at the moment we are not PADI certified, we both wanted to get this done before we flew out to Mexico next month, but with work being so busy at the moment it has not been possible.

My question is what can you do in regards to diving in Mexico without being certified?
I have read on a post here that you can do a training session in a pool then go out and dive at maximum 30ft. If this is true then it will be a good taster course for me and my girlfirend to try out diving. Does anybody know were we can do this close to Tulum/Coba? And also how much it will cost?

I look forward to your replies,

Thanks Tom

don't dive unless certified....period.

This is not disneyland or six flags, its real, it can be dangerous and should be done only when trained,,,,the guys here go on and on about how inadeqaute training is today, but diving without training is CRAZY

This is a very difficult question for me to answer. What you are talking about is the Discover Scuba program. It all depends on your instructor/divemaster and the amount of time/care they spend with you. I would post a new thread specifically asking for "Tulum, Discover Scuba options".

A lot of operations in the Yucatan play very fast and loose with the safety rules regarding discover scuba. In the Yucatan, the safest operations teach cave diving. Those are the folks I would look to for a discover class.

Back
Top Bottom