Going to Cancun in October and need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well said jack,
if you dive with dodgy or big op's, cancun, playa, where ever, your dives are going to be dodgy, quick and you wont want to return again.
there are plenty of healthy reefs and dive sites around cancun and playa you ve just got to find them or the right op to take you there! for me id rather be diving in cancun than cozumel but thats my personal opinion (we all have one or two of those)...... behold puerto morales, m.a.d is heading down there in a couple years time, healthy reefs, deep dives and the c 56 wreck!

1) I would not waste a dime diving off Cancun.:shakehead::no

Although I am not a fan of cancun the diving there is the fishiest in the region if you go to the right places. significantly more fish than in Cozumel. I also used to think it would be a waste to dive there. I tried it with Ben and had to admit that I had been wrong.

What I recommend is a little of everything, a 2tank cavern dive, a 2 tank cancun dive so you can check it out for yourself and decide whether it is for you or not, there are a lot of sites some with coral swim throughs but Cancun has more subaquatic life than Coz, when Coz has those huge majestic coral....and maybe a wreck dive in cancun, and you can do all this based at JW Marriott wich is less than a mile away from Manta Divers! Cancun! Cenote! Cozumel Diving ! Whale Sharks! - Home. a small American family owned operation. Also if you really like the walls in Coz. I did not read you mentioning Punta Sur (devil's throat, cathedral) Maybe it would be worth your while checking those out, if you have a dive shop that has dove the walls with you before they will take you, some shops require you to go to a 2 tank wall dive then bring you to Punta Sur.....Hope this helps.

Hi, my name is Alvaro Gonzalez and I´ve been diving and teaching scuba diving for the last 28 years, I have a dive op in Cancun, I do cavern and Cozumel dives to, I know many different cenotes to dive, I´m shure that if you want to have real bottom times and personalized treatment, check my web site, riviera maya professional scuba diving, cave, cavern, open water, experienced dive master, playa del carmen, cancun. buceo profesional en la riviera maya, buceo de caverna, mar abierto, playa del carmen, cancun you are not to be regreat, if you are going to stay in Cz, I can pick you up in Playa del Carmen, at the ferry, the price is 95.00 us dlls per person, gear, lunch and purified water it´s included.
alvaro@alwaysdiving.com
Alvaro!!!! HOLA!

Como estas??

I have to tell you this man is incredible. He is the reason that I learned to dive. :14:
I've had some incredible, wonderful dives with him. Both on Coz and in the Cenotes, and I hope to get to dive with him again.

I am here right now diving with my family.

I was here in May and dove in Cuzamel then came here and did a cenotes dive. On this dive I met a great dive guide. Alvero... riviera maya professional scuba diving, cave, cavern, open water, experienced dive master, playa del carmen, cancun. buceo profesional en la riviera maya, buceo de caverna, mar abierto, playa del carmen, cancun & alvaro@alwaysdiving.com. He did a great job for a my buddy's and me in May and I used him again here with my family. This guy was recommended on this board and I used him.
He asked what we wanted and he delivered!!! Sharks, wrecks,rays and tons of everything else. The 3 kids, 18,22,22 loved this guy and he provides a personel service. He picked us up at the lobby of the resort, took us diving at great locations and brought us back. He is a very profressional diver and I highly recommend him.

Have a great time and keep your bubbles up!!!

I agree on diving the Caverns or cenotes...its unique and the sensation is like flying...no diving !. If you would like to dive more than one day then is better to stay in Playa del Carmen than Cancun. As you mentioned that you are spoiled about diving, I am sure the caverns will not dissapoint you ! We run our dive shop (Diving Playa del Carmen Dive Shop Mexico Dive Center provides ocean and cavern (cenote) scuba diving trips, padi courses in Riviera Maya), and we have cavern trips with max. 4 divers. If you need anything please let us know or any info about Playa del Carmen or Riviera Maya...like local advise !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom