Going to Belize, do I need trip insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a good website that explains how travel insurance coverage works in COVID times

Want to Understand How Trip Cancellation Insurance Works? 888-407-3854

Since COVID we have been using "cancel for any reason" and "trip interruption for any reason travel insurance" coverage. Most people don't realize that simply testing positive for COVID alone can lead to all kinds of financial consequences that are not covered in many insurance policies.

smackboy - I was looking at travel insurance for a trip to Belize and saw that some insurers won't cover for Covid related expenses if the country has a Level 3 warning from the US. The list of level 3 and 4 warnings is massive (and included Belize). Have you found a company that is covering even when there is a warning like this? TIA

IDK, I am not a travel insurance professional. Ask the Trip Insurance Store I linked. I am not affiliated with them, just a customer who bought a couple of policies.

More About What is Covered for Covid - TripInsuranceStore.com's WSJ Recommended Blog

Is a US State Dept Level 4 Warning a Covered Reason to Cancel my Trip? - TripInsuranceStore.com's WSJ Recommended Blog

Covid Trip Insurance Coverage for USA Residents - Covid Trip Insurance Coverage

Each policy has terms and conditions that must be read CAREFULLY. Travel insurance only covers very specific situations. Generally insurance does not cover FEAR of getting infected.

I'm going to Belize next week, and I purchased trip insurance just to cover the hotel stay and flight change in case anyone tested positive on our way back, even though everyone is vaccinated. I'm less concerned about medical. It was about $10 per person, which seems well worth it for peace of mind not to have to pay for an additional two weeks of hotel stay.

I'm heading to Belize in 2 weeks.... honestly getting nervous about it with the Covid numbers spiking. Sucks because I rebooked from a trip I was supposed to go on last year and when I booked it earlier this year I figured things would be better in August! Well.... they were and then they weren't! Frustrating.

I am fully vaccinated and I'll be on the Aggressor. I purchased DiveAssure insurance - the Deluxe which covers up to 10 days of quarantine, $100/day. And I have DAN as well. Right now I'm on the fence if I want to cancel... but I need a vacation and to dive!! Ugh! First world problems right!?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom