Going to be needing some new friends . . . soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And in College Station they like sheep....but that's for another thread.

Man, that's for another website!

And as for being "dragged into the twenty-first century"...don't count on it, pardna'. Try this...put a Texan in a closed environment (say a submarine) with a dozen or so Yankees for an extended period, perhaps a couple of months. The Texan will emerge relatively unchanged. However, the Yankees will come out drawling y'all's, saying they are "fixin' to" do such-and-such, and craving hot sauce and barbecue.

I've watched it happen.

Damn Yankees....

hey watch the yankee comments my wife said she had to wait for a yankee to come to tx so she could find a good husband. LOL

Now youse guys know Ya'll need to take it easy on the newbies, Eh?

Hmmm.... yes the above sentence clearly shows that I have lived in a few to many places during my formative years... :shakehead:

hey watch the yankee comments my wife said she had to wait for a yankee to come to tx so she could find a good husband. LOL

I was a sophomore in college when I learned that "damn" and "yankee" were two different words. :mooner:

I was a sophomore in college when I learned that "damn" and "yankee" were two different words.
Day-um, only during your 2nd year?? no one can call youse texans slow. :D
signed,
yankee . . . I mean damn . . . or is it visa versa (that means or the other way, Zzz).

A yankee is a northerner who comes for a visit, then goes back home.

A damn yankee is one who comes down here and stays.

A good yankee is one who comes down here, marries a welfare momma with 10 kids, and takes 'em all back north.

The only good thing to ever come out of the north was an empty bus.

I've been telling people for years that we're guarding the wrong border.

God! What a thread! Y'all !!:D
p.s. I am from oklahoma . . . . . just north of the red river.

I know, that officially, accordin' to true texans, that still makes me a yankee -- but I would still disagree.
I relate much more to the south than the north.

Resurrecting my thread :D

Looks like the house in NJ is selling and I'll be a "damn yankee" (at least for a while) and be joining my wife, full time, in Dallas. You never know, we might just really like it and decide to stay perm. and really pizz off the Firefyter. :wink:

For those of you in Dallas, is there a shop near the NW Highway & 75 (or Tollway) that offers RB support? Maybe all I'll need is O2, but it would be nice to have a shop that offers true support. Also, anyone diving CCR?

Should be in Dallas no later than Nov 1. Anyone dive year round? I dive "dry" and most of my diving in NJ is in the ocean that even in the summer is in the mid 50's on the bottom. Winter bottom temps are in the high 30's. I'm hoping it might be a bit warmer water in Texas.

Thanks

Anyone dive year round? I dive "dry" and most of my diving in NJ is in the ocean that even in the summer is in the mid 50's on the bottom. Winter bottom temps are in the high 30's. I'm hoping it might be a bit warmer water in Texas.

Thanks

Welcome to Texas from a converted Yankee.

Charters operate year round on Lake Travis, come on down and dive with PaulW or some of the other swampers that come out to dive from Giant Stride. Temps last year dropped to 51* at depth so you will feel right at home in the lake.

For more information about diving Lake Travis, check out our web site at the link below.

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
www.LakeTravisScuba.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom