Going to be in the Ocala area... Crystal River or drive to Clearwater/Tampa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can rent tanks at Blue Grotto, Devils Den and Ginnie... There is a dive shop in Ocala (at least one) where you could also rent a tank... If you are planning on any of the state parks... rent two (there is no available air once your past Williston).

Tim

---------- Post added August 27th, 2014 at 10:13 PM ----------

I just wish they didn't micro manage solo diving at the state parks... LOVED diving at John Pennecamp.... they didn't give a flip as long as you paid the entrance fee... of course they didn't have caves on site either...

Tim

Is that all you need to safely dive a cave now a days? Jesus...

If you end up going with rainbow river, call the rainbow river water taxi. If it's just you it may not be cheaper than going through a dive shop (who will likely use the same taxi), but I get a feeling they get you price wise for it.

Clearly you don't know how to read the English language. When you set apart two ideas in a sentence with a comma they are different thoughts. Of course you need more gear for the cave, I assume if you're diving caves you would know what to use and be certified. However, some people who may not know about Paradise Spring might think they would not need a light for 100 feet. That is why I mentioned the light only for the 100 foot sections. It was a separate statement from the 160 foot section....hence the comma.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom