Going price for AL80s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RPanick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm looking to sell my AL80s and go to HP Steel. The AL 80s are 5 years old, recently Hyrdo+VIP, and some with Nitrox. Any idea what seems a reasonable price to ask.

I have sold 3 AL80's in the past two months, and I got the following
Luxfer al80 2003 hydro =$90.00 (local sale)
Luxfer al80 2000 and 2006 hdyro =$122.00 (e-bay)
Luxfer al80 1999 and 2006 hydro= $117.00 (e-bay)
Hope this helps,
Jim Breslin

I can buy one new here in central Florida for $139 + tax

And I recently sold two pre 1989 Al 80's for $50 each.

Somewhere in the middle I guess would be a sweet spot depending on your local prices.

Sounds like I should sell them on E-bay, obviously someone has no clue on what they are buying. I was figuring 50-75 was a good ball park, which sounds about right.

Maybe I should just sit out front of the air fill station at Gilboa and sell them there, bound to be a few students that would buy them :)

In my opinion $75 is a fair price for used, I would pass on them at $75. I have bought a good many for $50, and that is a price as a buyer I am happy with.

Brent

I sold some this spring for $100 each including shipping them. Shipping both together barely made under the 70lb max weight limit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom