Going on Royal Carib need local dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanshook

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going on the Explorer of the Seas leaving Miami on July 18. I want to dive in Cozumel, Belize, and Grand Cayman (also going to Costa Maya but don't think I will be diving there).

I want everyones input and names on some local dive ops in those locations (that are cruise passanger sensitive). We are experienced divers and would like to hit some of the good spots in these locations. We have our own gear.

Also, any input on great dive sites (or ones to avoid) would be great.

Thanks
JS

Vanshook,

I have heard that DiveWithMartin in Cozumel is a good operator. I'm going to be there on an RCL ship in August to see, so I can't confirm that, but he's one you might want to look at.

Cozumel: Blue XT Sea (my own experience, I recommend her), Papa Hogs, Dive with Martin, Eagleraydivers are all supposed to be cruiser friendly

Grand Cayman: www.neptunesdivers.com is cruiser friendly.

Was in Cozumel in April on Island Priness and dove with Papa Hogs which I can recommended highly, they treated my son and I very well. There was only my son and I and the divemaster diving. You won't be disappointed.

I might be back there in Aug and if so will be diving again with Papa Hogs.

Just a note about Belize. You will be anchored well off shore - it's about a 45 minute tender ride in. That will get you to Belize City. Then you would have to locate your dive op, complete the dive and get the tender back to the ship. Because of the legistics, I would HIGHLY recommend doing this stop with the ships excursion department. The risk of something going wrong and missing you ship's departure time is high in Belize. Go on RCI's web site and book this excursion well in advance - obviously - this is a popular stop with divers.

From personal experience, I would use: Cozumel: Alison Dennis (scubawithalison.com), Grand Caymen: Neptune Divers (Caymancasey here on this board).

Rich Hagelin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom