Go with the Pro's to NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am moving to NC in a few months. What would be some good boats to look into going out with and how would I get in contact with them?

Feel free to PM me.

BradfordNC:
depends on where in NC your moving to, and the type of diving you want to do.

Camp Lejuene.

I like the type of diving that you do underwater.

Strife:
I like the type of diving that you do underwater.

ok, well, as far as that was a helpful answer, your in luck, you'll be able to do all your diving underwater.

however, if your into shore diving, your out of luck, unless the only thing you want to look at is miles of sand.

hope your not into reefs, cause their aren't any.

hope your into long boat rides to shipwrecks, cause thats all there is in NC.

and bring your wetsuit.

the reason i asked what kind of diving you like is because there are a lot of people in NC who will not dive in NC because it's all boat diving (2 to 3 hours to the dive sites), the weather is often a problem (hurricane season June to October), conditions are often rough (3-5 foot seas are common), the sites are wrecks (?? experiance level ??), and wetsuits are recommended (some people don't dive unless water temp is in the 80s).

Otherwise, Lejune is in a good spot, your an hour from Morehead City on one side, and Wrightsville Beach on the other, both have charters going out all week long.

ASUPaula:
Isn't it a long time 'til November?

yup, sure is, but that won't keep some of us from diving. just be prepared for cancelled charters or 6 foot seas.

nothin quite like a carolina ladder ride after a great dive

Back
Top Bottom