Go with PADI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, I am certified through PADI but thats not the point I am trying to make. my OW, AOW and Search and Recovery had been in some merky water. For instance in my S&R class below the thermo it was dark, there was so many divers in the water at this scuba park the viz was 3ft with a primary dive light. By doing so I feel it brings a sense of comfort knowing you can dive in bad conditions where someone who is use to say Caymen Islands with clear water would probably not be so comfortable in a siltout and pitch black water in the day time and may panic. Dont get me wrong I do enjoy the water in Rotan and Caymen but at the same time and from a Search and Recover standpoint, diving in dark silt water is a challenge that is comfortable for me just cause I have did it several times.... just keep physical contact with your dive buddy cause you can loose him quick even if he moves 10ft away, and thats with a good dive light.
anyway its late and I am probably not making much sense...

On perhaps a more related note in my IDC we were taught to separate incoming pairs. That this would lead to a better more fluid class and they they would learn more from comparing their experiences after the fact than trying to communicate in water and disturbing the class. This may be one thing to keep in mind or discuss with the instructor before the course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom