go pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Key West Adventure 2010 on Vimeo

heres link to Go Pro video shot by the Scarab DiveMaster this aug offsore Key West. Max depths in this film are 60fsw.This NEW HD GOPro is much better than last years and these snippets are shot using the Sartec houseing which really cuts down on the distortion. a little plastic mirror enables the fimmaker to check and see it the ON button is energized while wearing the headcam

Last edited:
Comparison of GoPro supplied housing with Eye of Mine housing; 2 cameras , same dive: YouTube - Side by Side Comparison of Watertight Housings: GoPro vs. Eye of Mine

Here is another video with GoPro in EoM housing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PCGmYGRypg
Note: both shot with ambient light. Hey! What do you want for less than US$400?! And can hold in the palm of your hand!

I've had the GoPro HD with EoM housing to 130 feet twice in the last week. Tomorrow taking it to 180+ feet!

I've had the GoPro HD with EoM housing to 130 feet twice in the last week. Tomorrow taking it to 180+ feet!
Does it have a max depth rating?
I've never taken ours beyond 60ft.

Please let us know your results at 180ft.

Does it have a max depth rating?
I've never taken ours beyond 60ft.

Please let us know your results at 180ft.

Off the top of my head:
Original GoPro Housing: 180'
Eye of Mine Housing: 150'
Pressure Tested Eye of Mine: 200'

Or there abouts.

I've taken my Eye of Mine to 100' twice and past 60' 3 other times (haven't had it that long).

what is a good starter camera? because i was thinking about getting the go pro camera as well, but i want something i will be happy with.

Depending on your budget and how easy you are to satisfy!
Get a G12 or S95 in the OEM housing for about 700$, this camera is still the best priced advanced P&S you can get for land and underwater use.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom