Go Pro Vs SLR????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I take single shutter exposures frequently UW with the GoPro along with intervalometer or time-lapse mode shots. If you are shooting with the camera on a monopod, helmet or other remote location you really have no choice but to use the time-lapse mode. I do scuba dive too, rarely these days, the first 25 years were great but variety is a good thing. It is fair to say that you can get shots with a DSLR that you won't be able to readily capture with a GoPro and vis versa. There have been a number of Scuba diving applications, shark feeds, UW dive scooter races, confined space diving, where the GoPro made captures that I would be hard pressed to take with a bulkier, drag-prone camera or non-remote cameras. At the same time, I use whatever camera will get the job done the best. Most of my underwater images (with resolution reduced for manageable file sizes) go on the Internet, on my website, on here or wherever allowing lower edited resolution than say needed for print publication or desirable for casual printing. I almost never bother to print any and don't worry about making screen saver images either. It is the shooter's choice, there are some jobs I prefer the GoPros for and for others, different camera types. The thing the GoPro does the best I think is allowing you to bring the action home fairly easily in all sorts of settings which might be difficult or infeasible with larger cameras. Some examples show up at Rick Iossi (flkitesurfer) on Pinterest

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom