Go Pro: Night Dive in the Bay .. Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So some people think it is wrong to handle and touch marine life for "amusement" or education or curiosity?

if so, possibly they should be voicing their concerns to the corporate office which profits from, organizes, promotes and advertises these sorts of activities.

Shark Touch Pool

cadbb0d05a4149f0ac78e8a62a289ce4_shark-touch_460x345.jpg

I absolutely hate horseshoe crabs. They give me the total heebie jeebies. Probably from growing up on the north FL Gulf coast. But, that just looked mean.

Handling critters, in general, I have no problem with. If it was me or someone I was responsible for, I'd be sure to be gentle. There's a fine line somewhere between handling and torturing. I'm good with handling. I'm good with killing and eating. I'm not really okay with "effing with". It's a fine line. i know some people will say that handling at all is "effing with". We all have to try and use good judgment.

Gotta agree....keep your hands to yourself. I see why dive gloves are banned many places. jmho

The worst video I've seen in a long time! It is truly depressing that an adult wold allow two kids to act this way. It appears that any living thing they came across was disturbed or harassed. JMO.

Horseshoe crabs are harmless, but they look scary.

The kid who was holding the crab, was not familiar at all with them and was holding it weird and was not allowing the creature to right itself from the upside down position. I very much doubt that it harmed the creature. After about 5 seconds of it, I grabbed the crab and tried to show him that it "wanted" to be right side up.

Perhaps due to this interaction, the new diver won't harbor an unwarranted fear of them into his adulthood, since he now knows they are harmless.

The worst video I've seen in a long time! It is truly depressing that an adult wold allow two kids to act this way. It appears that any living thing they came across was disturbed or harassed. JMO.

I think sometimes people feel more comfortable applying blanket prohibitions, it's definitely much easier to create a black and white line that requires no thought to discern when it is crossed. Of course that is not very conducive to learning and acquiring understanding of why you should or shouldn't do certain things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom