Go Pro 8 or Paralenz??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find the price on par with a Gopro plus the deeper housing from Iqsub, which is essential for my diving.
The vaquita is 750 euros
The GoPro 8 with Iqsub housing is 600 euros.

If the features are similar I would maybe be tempted to go with a Vaquita so I don’t have to fiddle with a housing but I won’t be pre-ordering.

Just briefly

I've had a poorerlens for a while, it sits half the time broken in a drawer
On the head it takes video of your exhaust bubbles and also vibrates
from your exhaust bubbles

It returned a while back from poorerlens headquarters for the third or fourth time
being broken still broken and sits again in a draw broken
When it's working I use it purely as a record so I'm not perturbed about picture quality

I don't understand why camera people would buy something without a
screen unless you are only going to use it bolted vibrating to your head

I don't feel cool wearing the poorestlens on my head more like it messes with my mind as when something uniquely magnificent happens on a dive I must wonder if this magnificence has been captured or it's just lost again through malfunction into the abyss

Here are my poorerlens regs with the right exhausts blocked

https://www.scubaboard.com/communit...d-to-reduce-bubbles-and-vibration.210588/full

in an attempt to reduce filming of vibrating bubbles

So that's it in aluminium tube

And then all you have left to deal with is this POS
MESSING WITH YOUR MASK SEAL!!!
Yes it also messes with your mask seal

One of the times I got in touch with the PARALENZ ****HEADS
and told them their rubbish device would be better suited if I emptied the internals and took
some insects in there down to see how their underwater cousins live
So it hasn't leaked

One good thing is they reply to all my messages

PARALENZ says, "We're sorry it does not align, however it has no impact on the performance of the camera."

https://www.scubaboard.com/communit...-on-the-performance-of-the-camera.206434/full

"Adrianna Dudek (Paralenz) Sep 13, 14:20 EEST Hello Happy, Our technician replaced the cap for the aluminum one, as the plastic one has a risk of breaking. We're sorry it does not align, however it has no impact on the performance of the camera. Kind regards, Adrianna Dudek"

You too can also indulge yourself in similar experiences at ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS
Well that's what it costs here

So here I am diving with the POS bolted to my head

https://www.scubaboard.com/community/media/hello.207073/full

I'm happy because I've forgotten that I have a piece of junk bolted to my head

and far happier working or not working, diving without it

Is there a way to turn off color correction on the paralens?

Then I would consider it, the color correction i see looks like crap but I had the old paralenz and I was quite happy with the quality when spearfishing.

Just in case you missed it!

PARALENZ says, "We're sorry it does not align, however it has no impact on the performance of the camera."

full.jpg

"Adrianna Dudek (Paralenz) Sep 13, 14:20 EEST Hello Happy, Our technician replaced the cap for the aluminum one, as the plastic one has a risk of breaking. We're sorry it does not align, however it has no impact on the performance of the camera. Kind regards, Adrianna Dudek"

Just in case you missed it!

View attachment 623377

When you say “does not align” you mean that the rotating button does not align with the rest of the camera ?

When you say “does not align” you mean that the rotating button does not align with the rest of the camera ?
No. It's the end cap he's talking about which has zero affect on the functionality of the camera. If that was sent to me I would have zero issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom