Go away Gustav!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Airports are closing Thur - Sunday at the moment but will open again as soon as they can to aid relief efforts.

Given current track analysis GUSTAV will influence Brac and Little Cayman significantly more than Grand Cayman AM Friday at current estimates. GC will probably experience 40kts and severe rain, unfortunatey Brac will be sonsiderable worse off with a 4-6m storm surge, 80-100kts and alot of rain.

I expect although there wont be a greast deal of damage on Grand Cayman but they will be involved heavily in relief to thier sister islands.

I'll post any updates I get here so you all can keep planning.

Fingers crossed it doesnt reach Hurricane status again when transiting near Jamaica (lost some power over Haiti).

We were lucky that Gustav missed our location Bayahibe and hit mostly west part of the island, little bit of Dominican republic and Haiti. We had only couple rainy days, no wind, but normally very calm waters were not that calm and we had to cancel some diving. This morning was getting close to normal. Remember the bad diving conditions might come the next day after the hurricane, so if you can postpone your trip couple days, would be better

Back
Top Bottom