gnojoey - Newly Certified OW Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnojoey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, just a little update on my status. I am now a certified OW diver! Yeah!
I did my OW course with ScubaCat in Phuket. They threw in 2 fun dives with the 4 course dives for their summer promotion, which were all done on their boat - 2 days/1 night at Rachai Yai. I had to skip one out of the three dives on the first day, because I was too sea-sick. Spent the whole of first day puking my guts out, and not to mention I couldn't keep any food down at all. Retired to the bed really early that night.
Woke up the next morning feeling much better, so I could at least do my other three dives and enjoy them.
I want to thank you all - the scubaboard.com divers for providing me all the great info in regards to my endless questions. Thank you all so much. I really enjoyed my dives (despite those puking episodes) and am looking forward to my AOW soon (the next time round). :wink:
And thanks to my two instructors - Sabine and Rob and all of the ScubaCat staffs. They have been extremely sweet, caring, patient and understanding (especially during my sea-sickness). Thanks again.
Thank you all!

Hey congratulation, you were brave enough not to skip remaining dives. I did quite my second dive for DSD, which was my first time diving, because i was vomiting badly

Good luck

Diver_City Boys:
Hey congratulation, you were brave enough not to skip remaining dives. I did quite my second dive for DSD, which was my first time diving, because i was vomiting badly

Good luck

Thanks D_CB. It wasn't a good feeling at all having to dive in a sea-sick form, especially have the urge to puke while breathing underwater. Still, it was great once I get over the sickness, and the experience was well-worth it. And I know it definitely helps to have the understanding crew and instructors, who all tried their best to make it comfortable and easy for the very sea-sick me. :wink:

Congrats on OW!!!! You are now ready to receive all the legendary secrets of the deep oceans.. just remember to leave nothing but bubbles.. :)

What did you think of the dive sites around Phuket? Any dive reports to share?

Congrats. Did anyone show you the secret handshake yet? :wink:

Traminer:
Congrats on OW!!!! You are now ready to receive all the legendary secrets of the deep oceans.. just remember to leave nothing but bubbles.. :)

What did you think of the dive sites around Phuket? Any dive reports to share?

Thanks Traminer.
I only did the course dives and fun dives at Racha Yai, haven't managed to dive other sites around Phuket yet.
Still learning the dive jargon, not sure I'm up for a dive report yet. LOL.
In brief though -
Spent 21st & 22nd July 2006 aboard MV Scuba Cat at Racha Yai.
Dive Site: Homerun Bay & Scuba Cat Bay
Weather: Sunny on both days
Visibility: ranging 4m - 15m
Depth: Made 5 dives altogther in 2 days, ranging from 10m - 18m
Dives:
1st Day, 1st Dive - 10am plus, 39mins, Water temperature about 27C (Caught a good look of a sea snake slitering in between some rocks and got chase off by a Titan Triggerfish). 2nd Dive - 5pm, 40mins (Spotted two Batfish).
2nd Day, 1st Dive - 7.30am, 35mins. 2nd Dive - 11am, 46mins. 3rd Dive - 2pm, 44mins.
Besides those mentioned above, the usual scores of fishes I managed to learn to identify are the Trumpetfish, Pipefish, Sergeant Major, Pufferfish, Spotted Boxfish, Moorish, Lionfish, Moray Eel, Angelfish...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom