GLWC Straits Of Mackinaw Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoneCrusher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
MichiganDiver.gif

Just wanted to post the video from a GLWC group trip to the Straits of Mackinaw. We had a perfect weekend and both the wrecks and the diving was amazing. The video is a little long at just over 22 minutes, but it should give you a great idea of what diving under the bridge is like.

I hope to get back there soon. Maybe next time with the doubles and stages to increase some bottom times for inspecting the Eber Ward and the Cedarville!

Great times! Great Friends! Thanks Guys! :D

[Vimeo]28878207[/Vimeo]

Great video. Thanks for sharing. Glad to see the two wayward divers made it back safely.

Yeah, there was some question if it was worth the fuel to go pick them up. :D In the end, the remaining divers on the boat figured it was worth picking up their gear! :wink:

All kidding aside, it was some great diving with a great group of people. This is what the GLWC is all about.

I showed it to an OW student and he said, "I like it. That was great!"
He's really jonesing to dive some wrecks now!!!

I personally enjoyed your selection of chick rock. :)

Bonecrusher,

What a timely thread given a bunch of DNYers are looking into a trip to Straits of Mackinac in 2012 or 2013, most likely 2013. Thanks for posting.

What was the water temp at depth? Low 40s/High 30s?

:rofl3: Nice! Maybe it's just me, but diving historic wrecks to me screams Rock Ballads that are heavy on the guitar riffs... But, maybe that's just me. :D

I wasn't sure how the music would come off... This group tends to be more the 80's rock band type like Bon Jovi, but I decided to be a little more modern.

Thanks for posting.

What was the water temp at depth? Low 40s/High 30s?

Glad you found it helpful! The wrecks are amazing. The video really doesn't do it justice. Its so much better in person.

In terms of water temps... We were there the second weekend in July. On the EB Ward at 120 feet I had about 46 degrees F so the temps really were not that bad.

Hope that helps!

Glad you found it helpful! The wrecks are amazing. The video really doesn't do it justice. Its so much better in person.

In terms of water temps... We were there the second weekend in July. On the EB Ward at 120 feet I had about 46 degrees F so the temps really were not that bad.

Hope that helps!

We dived Tobermory last month and water temps were in the low 40s so we expect that for the Straits of Mackinac. Am sure the video did not do it justice but I enjoyed it nonetheless so again, thank you for posting it.

I also posted a link to this thread in the DNY chat thread to entice others to join the trip. :)

BoneCrusher:6055087:

:rofl3: Nice! Maybe it's just me, but diving historic wrecks to me screams Rock Ballads that are heavy on the guitar riffs... But, maybe that's just me. :D

I wasn't sure how the music would come off... This group tends to be more the 80's rock band type like Bon Jovi, but I decided to be a little more modern.

Really? I actually did enjoy your choice. What band was it?
FYI....as I started to feel as though I was IN the dive, I heard Godsmack. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom