GLWC gear for the masses

Add a surcharge to gear for donation purposes?

• No way I would give any money to buoying wrecks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have more money then most let me make a donation on behalf of the club.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitten Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Crew,

I have spoken with our supplier about our gear line. I have good news and I have some bad news, which do you want first? Okay I will give you the good news first, GLWC gear is still available and we will be expanding the line just a bit. Based on my conversation with our supplier we will be adding an embroidered golf shirt and an embroidered microfiber lined windshirt to the line. These will feature the port hole logo embroidered on the left chest. I don't have a lock on the colors for these items yet, but I will post some picks as soon as they are available. Woot!Woot! Gotta love new gear.

Now for the bad news, as with all consumer items the price of our gear has gone up slightly. When we originally decided to design our logo and make it available for purchase there were discussions about trying to raise additional money that we would donate on behalf of the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew. The thought was that it would be donated to the underwater preserves in the area since this is the basis of our dive club. We would hope that they could use the money to help with buoying ships in the area.

I will put the question to the group; would you be willing to pay an additional donation per piece of gear if the money was donated on the groups behalf? We are not looking for a substantial donation, possibly $3-4 per item. There will be no adminstrative fees taken from this money.

To give an example we may decide that a t-shirt will cost you $20 each. This seems to be a fair price for a shirt of this quality with any profit going to the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew Ship Buoy Fund. Please don't quote this as a price, I am just trying to give you something to think about.

I also wanted to let everyone know that our supplier will require a minnimum order of 24 t-shirts due to the time it takes to set them up for silk screening. We will need a minnimum of 6 items for embroidery these can be mixed amongst the different items available.

So 53 views and no opinions? I will take your deafening silence to mean that gear to you at cost plus shipping is where we need to be? I will have Ber remove the old thread and will post a new thread for ordering gear.

I will need to have a min of 24 screen printed items and /or I will need min of 6 for embroidered gear. I also have added an extended range for sizing for those that inquired.

Maybe it's the "public poll" option where everyone can see how everyone voted that's keeping people quiet. I think I can change it to the version that doesn't show how everyone voted if you would like, been a while since I've messed with a poll so don't quote me on that.
Ber :lilbunny:

Maybe people need to see the prices to decide. I mean, if the shirts, etc, are going to be ridiculously pricey to start with, then an extra $3 will be frowned on. But if they are reasonable, $3 is no big deal. IMO. Anyway- perhaps one organization/preserve should be picked for the donations. Or you could possibly make it an optional thing- buy the shirt, would you like to donate $3 to xyz Great Lakes Preservation? Just a thought- could be a nightmare to sort if it's not an automated process.

Do people pay by check or PayPal? You can ask people to donate an extra $3 or whatever above and beyond their payment.

See the 2008 GLWC Merchandise thread that I started. This is where you will need to post if you want some gear.

Well I have an opionion but I'm not allowed to express it anymore. I conform to what the group has decided.

gtxl1200:
Well I have an opionion but I'm not allowed to express it anymore. I conform to what the group has decided.

I said I was sorry for missing that, quit sulking. You ARE allowed to express your opinion, you just can't call Mitten (or anyone else) names when you do it.

Ber Rabbit:
I said I was sorry for missing that, quit sulking. You ARE allowed to express your opinion, you just can't call Mitten (or anyone else) names when you do it.

Man If I cant call Mitten names I got no reason to go on living.

gtxl1200:
Man If I cant call Mitten names I got no reason to go on living.

You just have to use the M&G code names, stop being so obvious :wink:

Ok, I'm going to vote. Just now found this thread. If it is going to the preserves, then I'm for it. But how much do you think it will raise? If the number of items is low, will it be worth it? I'll be optimistic and say yes. I might get that golf shirt, although I don't have time to play golf because it takes too much time away from my diving!

Back
Top Bottom