Gloom & doom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And lets not forget the "Rosey" colored camera filters

:shocked:

You know much.... waaaaay too much!!!!

I STILL got that thing sitting here in my desk drawer despite advertising it for free on SB and in the Phuket Gazette.

I guess there aren't that many divers around who like a FREE and scratch free Sea & Sea red filter...

Maybe I should bring it to Trang???? :D

Just imagine you could time-travel with a couple of buddies (complete with a small but fully equipped dive boat) to a time before us humans started exploiting our oceans and natural world.
Every dive must have been a crazy adventure with eye to eye encounters with huge predators :jaws:, walls of fish :fish: and truly untouched pristine reefs....

Ahhhhhhh....:uwphotographer:

I'd enjoy an expedition like that!

Imagine if you will a cute giant multicolored slimy nudibranch has you in its grasp and your its favorite meal. That would be worthy footage for YouTube. SommeNaNa :rofl3:

Imagine if you will a cute giant multicolored slimy nudibranch has you in its grasp and your its favorite meal.

:rofl3::rofl3:

A 2 meter "Chromodoris giganticus" gobbling up divers! :skull:

That would cure me from looking for those colorful snails....:gun:

:shocked:
You know much.... waaaaay too much!!!!

I can with a certain degree of certainty say your 1 of the few around Phuket who remembers:

Jimmy's Lighthouse in Chalong was a grass shack called Pan's Lighthouse
The only beer available in Thailand was Singha, Klosters, and Amarit
Darkie toothpaste w/ the white fellow in blackface and tophat

and we probably ate some BBq and had a beer together at the same table at one of those classic get-togethers put on by Kevan and Chantel at the "Phuket Scuba Club". :cheers:

I can with a certain degree of certainty say your 1 of the few around Phuket who remembers:

Jimmy's Lighthouse in Chalong was a grass shack called Pan's Lighthouse
The only beer available in Thailand was Singha, Klosters, and Amarit
Darkie toothpaste w/ the white fellow in blackface and tophat

and we probably ate some BBq and had a beer together at the same table at one of those classic get-togethers put on by Kevan and Chantel at the "Phuket Scuba Club". :cheers:

The good ol' days:

-Friday nights BBQ at "The Dive Inn" in Patong with live "music" from the incredible Mrs. Palmer...:rockband:
-The 3 first and major diveshops being Ocean Divers (Thai), Santana (German) and Fantasea Divers (Dutch :dutchflag:)
-The King Cruiser not being a wreck but actually shuttling passengers between Phuket and Phi-Phi....
-BigJeff not being a seasoned underwater photopro :uwphotographer:and excellent diver but non- diver :newbie:
-I still had hair on my forehead and not those shiny patches of skin...:anonymous:

:thinkingof:

:pirate2:

The good ol' days:
live "music" from the incredible Mrs. Palmer...:rockband:

I know Mrs Palmer very well: we both from the same neck of the woods, the son plays a mean set of drums. If you ever see Mrs Palmer tell Mrs Palmer to grab Mrs's Palmer longboard and get over here for a surf. Drag U along also with your sponge :grinbandit:(will the real Mrs Palmer please stand up):guitarist:

I know Mrs Palmer very well: we both from the same neck of the woods, the son plays a mean set of drums. If you ever see Mrs Palmer tell Mrs Palmer to grab Mrs's Palmer longboard and get over here for a surf. Drag U along also with your sponge :grinbandit:(will the real Mrs Palmer please stand up):guitarist:

I sometimes see Mrs Palmer running over the hills (in a tight and sweaty outfit) between Kata and Nai Harn but I've never seen him on the beach. Maybe he's getting too old for his longboard and should start thinking of getting a boogie-board instead???? Or maybe he's just to busy ripping people apart with his "massages".
I'm unfortunately in no position (yet) to come and play the surf in Sumatra. Need a few more jobs to become "comfortable". Just got word I may be off to Saudi Arabia any time soon...

Just got word I may be off to Saudi Arabia any time soon...

Does that mean this thread is back on subject?

I can see Lord Khram now. :banana::yeahbaby::yelclap:

:jb:Take a warm sweater! I understand the A/C can be wickedly cold. :mostlysunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom