glo-toob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one. It's pretty cool. righter than a krill or a glowstick. Plus the FX version has all thos cool modes. I'm thinking about getting a few more so I can look like a xmas tree.

Hehe...that'd be pretty funny.

Though, at the price they go for I dunno how many I want to buy just for amusement :)

There was a few of these a year ago that leaked...there's a thread here somewhere about this. They had some bad caps. Anyway mine leaked last year and the company was great about replacing it. I finally got to test it out last night and....no more leaks. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test it near it's max depth. Anyone try that yet?

I doubt that I really need this thing since I have a HID light that makes me look like a freight train, but I still think it's cool.

Yeah, most people can see me pretty good w/ the HID light :) I got my glo-toob just for fun anyway, not specifically for a light to be used during diving.

spottydog:
Myself and my buddy bought one of the standard ones each and attached them to our BCDs. When we came to use them (about 5 to 10 dives after attaching them) both had leaked and wouldn't work. At the time we bought them they seemed a good idea but ended up being a waste of £50.

I'd be willing to bet that it was your fault. You probably had it at a depth that it was not supposed to be at. This is a quote from the LAPOLICEGEAR site,
"Waterproof and submersible to no less than 300 ft, tested to 11,500 ft "
Notice the, NO LESS THAN 300 FEET. Come on. Tell the truth. You had it shallower than what they recommend didn't you? :wink:

Joe

Personally I think they should redesign the caps. There really dosen't seem to be enough compression on the large o-ring (there is a smaller one on the switch shaft)

Probably just making the groove shallower that the ring sits in would be good enough.

Back
Top Bottom