glo-toob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one(got it off http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/6536/) and it's much better then using a glow stick, because it's re usable, the flash is really bright, and it runs on a small 12v batter you can buy for $5.00. It has 7 settings flash, beacon strobe, slow strobe, SOS, pulse, 100% on, 25% on. I love it and at night my buddy can find me better if we get separated...

Not all of them flash. I have 2. Red and Yellow. They aren't as bright as a glow stick. But they are OK. Some places don't allow them. Since they aren't as bright.

One of them has the flash function. One of them is constant on.

I've got one of the little blue ones, which I ordered from ThinkGeek as well.

There are two different models - the GloToob and the GloToob FX. The FX is the one that has the 7 different modes of operation - it'll run you a few dollars more than a standard GloToob.

It's a fun little geek toy. I use it camping - it's perfect at night in the tent to provide enough light to see what you are doing. I've dove with it a few times and it works.

I bought it more just for the geek toy aspect of it than anything though...

Deja vu, this is a cross-posting from the Deco Stop. I guess I'll make the same comment...

some of these things have been reported to leak. Don't know which models.

I have the FX and my buddy thinks it's great he can keep tabs on me when I am diving with him if I get a little ahead of him. I think it's great to have cause I am no longer spending money on glow sticks. The cost $34.95 would be the same I would pay for glow sticks in one summer of diving.

LAPOLICEGEAR has the fx for 29.95, also they have a small graph that shows you the different pulse patterns and so forth. Also they have pretty good deals on the Luminox watches compared to prices on Ebay, and a three year warranty.

Myself and my buddy bought one of the standard ones each and attached them to our BCDs. When we came to use them (about 5 to 10 dives after attaching them) both had leaked and wouldn't work. At the time we bought them they seemed a good idea but ended up being a waste of £50.

Back
Top Bottom