Glo Toob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought two, for my wife and myself. Mine flooded right out of the gate, but I still think they're great for what they're for. They give a very low key, yet positive signal so that we can keep track of each other if we're doing a night dive with a bigger group.

I have a replacement ordered, hopefully it will last a bit longer. Be careful with them (it seems easy to accidentally open them up a bit instead of turning them on) and I think they'll be ok.

Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

OHGoDive, they have a warranty, don't they? And I'm seeing an awful lot of reports that they work fine after a flood, so you might want to make sure it's actually dead. If so, send it in and you may have a third/backup for your kit.

I had a conversation with the guys that make the Glo-Toob
about the flooding issues. They said that some of the flooding is
due to aluminum shavings getting on the orings.

Sure wish they had a stainless or titanium version.

--- bill

thats an easy fix, before first use remove the o-ring ,clean out the o-ring groove, replace o-ring if that won't work use larger thickness o-rings

tremtech:
thats an easy fix, before first use remove the o-ring ,clean out the o-ring groove, replace o-ring if that won't work use larger thickness o-rings

Yeah, thats what I did including lubing it and haven't had any issues. (There are actually two orings, one in the cap
and a tiny one inside the pin switch that screws in/out)

But still the cap and the housing it screws into is made of
aluminum. If the cap gets slightly cross threaded momemtarily
or every twisted on really tightly, it can cause the aluminum
threads to "shed" small shavings.

Aluminum wasn't the best choice for threads and longevity.

--- bill

I have 4 of the FX models and I LOVE THEM!!!! They have been on several dives and I use them on top of my flag on my ATV when riding the dunes at night. Best thing since sliced bread. No problems w/ flooding but i rarely dive deeper than about 80'. Buddy of mine has had his to 190 several time w/ his tech stuff and no problems. its just like anything els take care of it and it will take care of you.

Be careful with them (it seems easy to accidentally open them up a bit instead of turning them on) and I think they'll be ok.

Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.[/quote]

I think that is the key. The top screws off to replace the battery, and the on/off switch in the top can be turned to far at times allowing water to enter. Double check that the main cap is tight before diving and I bet you won't have a prob.

I got mine at DEMA last year, and have used it on one night dive. Worked beautifully. Others said they could see the light just fine. I got the attachment that you can take the original cap off and put a different one on. Nice feature. Also have the triangle thingy to keep it from banging on my tank.

Scuba_Jenny:
I got mine at DEMA last year, and have used it on one night dive. Worked beautifully. Others said they could see the light just fine. I got the attachment that you can take the original cap off and put a different one on. Nice feature. Also have the triangle thingy to keep it from banging on my tank.
Do tell... got links?

Edit: Nevermind, I see the accessories on the Glo-Toob site now. Where does one get one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom