Glo Toob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased one about ten months ago and had flooded out at dive 4. I didn't realize it had flooded out till I was about to do dive five and by then it was already too late, the battery and salt water mixed up to make a big mess, so I emailed Glo-Toob telling them how I set it up for dives by inspecting the unit and making sure there's no debris around the seating surfaces and applying a thin coat of silicone grease to the o-ring. So they told me to ship it over to them which is what I did, and it took them two months to get me a new one, but they came through!

They're very handy tools to have and I highy recommend them, and Glo-Toob will back their product up

Bought 3 of the non-flashing variety (seems intrusive to use a flasher with other divers in the water). One flooded on first use despite attempts at lubrication. The problem, it seems to me, is that the o-ring is very difficult to get out and it apparently must be lubricated all around to insure waterproofness. However, the flooding only destroyed the battery. I cleaned out the mess, took off the o-ring, added silicone and it has been fine since.

I have 2, a green non-programmable one, and a blue FX. Both work fine, never had a problem with either *knock on wood*

Mine flooded once, maybe I hadn't screwed the top on tight enough... But I cleaned it out, put in a new battery and now it works again. I lube the o-ring now, but I'm not sure why that should matter. As I understand it the lube does not help in forming the seal, it just protects o-rings from wear and tear and helps keep it flexible, which is important in dynamic connections like twist-top lights and SPG's, but less so in static applications where the o-ring surroundings don't move often.

I ordered one yesterday, as I have been meaning to pick one up a couple of times. I have heard equal stories saying "they suck, mine flooded" or "they're great!", but everything I had read leads back to the bad first batch or user error, so I'm going to give them a try. My PrincetonTec Eco Flare just flooded for the third time. I keep sending them back and they keep sending me new ones, but I'm getting tired of the hassle so I want to try something new, and these glo-toobs seem really good to me.

i bought the proggrammable one, don't buy the programmable one, a real pain
easy to make it flash an stuff, very very not easy to make it work constant

mine also got flooded, thanks to others wanting to look and play with it :mad:

I sell both if your interested in purchasing......I have used both of them for awhile. I never had a problem making it stay constant, as its adjustable....A bit on the pricey side, but work great and are indestructable..........

I've had two. Both of them have flooded. However, I've cleaned them out, changed the batteries and they still work fine.

I have never owned one, but have throughly researched them several times thinking of buying, and always seem to find too many people saying they flood.

Not much to say - brilliantly simple tank marker, versatile, light, easy on batteries...

A great diving device to have in your 'goes everywhere with me' bag..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom