Glasses in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubahiro

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

With all the admonitions NOT to leave anything at all in the car at any time, I was wondering what people do with their glasses when they dive (both sun and prescription), hats, t-shirts, etc.? Do you take them with you, or leave in car, out of view, and hope for the best. Suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scubahiro

Always locked out truck and left glasses and shirts in truck. Never had a problem with stolen stuff in Bonaire.

I have never lost anything in Bonaire. I leave the truck unlocked with windows down. T-shirts and old shoes thrown in the back. This year is the first time I really needed glasses. I carried an older pair and put them in a hard case in my BC pocket. I figured they should handle the saltwater OK as sweat is about the same thing. Worked fine.

They make a product called a lens locker available at most dive shops. It has a clip on it to attach to your BC. I put it in my BC pocket. It is a hard plastic case with an oring seal. While not totally waterproof it kept my glasses mostly dry. I usually kept a bottle of water in the truck to rinse my camera and my glasses. That was two years ago, and i am still using the frames with transitions lenses in them. Old tshirts and ball caps like herman said. Here is a link on ebay for the case:
http://cgi.ebay.com/WITZ-LENS-LOCKE...ryZ15666QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom