Gladden Spit Whale Shark Diving Video - May 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn! I was hoping to see some manatees, but luck wasn't on my side this trip:( wow, 7 whale sharks? was this on ONE dive, or on consecutive dives? I only saw one, but I only did one day of whale shark dives.

yes this is just 1 day with the 3 tanks. We can't afford multi-day whale shark dives at $180/day!

Im actually waiting for someone to report on the July season since the earlier sightings werent as good as may-june full moons.

did you go few days before or after full moon?

We went out on the 12th of June, so it was a few days after the full moon. It was only a two tank dive. I agree, at $180/day it was too expensive for me to do more than one day! Another problem for me also was being a new diver and running out of air before everyone else (who all had at least 300 logged dives each) - so not only did I miss out on extended dive time with the sharks (I only saw one, but everyone else saw a couple more), but I missed out on dolphins too! I'll definitely plan on getting a lot more dives in before I come back again so I don't miss out.

The link to your whale shark video no longer works. Can you provide an alternate link?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom