Give me an option to turn OFF these ads, PLEASE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

done both. I can get rid of the ads but so far not free up the space. I'm supposed to have an icon to use to let me hide the double lines image, but don't.

How do I kill those? They're really obnoxious. Completely wastes my screen real-estate. :rolleyes:

John_B's path to websurfing nirvana*:

If your favorite site :)D) sometimes leaves blank spaces where the ads used to be:

And for good measure, some optional self defense against slow-tastic flash-based content:

* Its not just the annoying ads, its about how slow and they make otherwise fast computers and web browsers. Not to mention that the tracking cookies the ads leave behind.

what he said. Install Firfox 3.0
Install Adblock Plus
Install Element Hiding Helper

Block the ads. Then, to get your screen back, there is a 2 line image to get rid of. Find the ABP stop sign icon, mine is up top at the right of the toolbar. Click on that & pick the element to hide.

Shazaam, you got your screen back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom