Ginnie Springs and Devils Den July 3-4 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is my video. I dedicate the Audio to Hetland, who without Disco could not survive!

http://www.vimeo.com/13218077

[vimeo]13218077[/vimeo]

Last edited:
WOW!! What a super week end. I can now say I have a much better understanding of what cave divers experience with the lure of the caves.It offers a very different arena of diving.For me, I will still take the wreck diving ,spear fishing , and the sharks, call it a personal preference.These springs are truly a remarkable creation and if one had the chance to dive there I would say it would be something you would not soon forget.It was a blessing for me to share it with two great friends.

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0350b.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Great pics and videos. You guys should take a cavern class. It will open up a whole new world and you don't have to totally change up your gear at the cavern level.

Great pics and videos. You guys should take a cavern class. It will open up a whole new world and you don't have to totally change up your gear at the cavern level.

If the Gulf wasn't in the shape it's in, I wouldn't even be tempted, but the thought has crossed my mind more than once over the past few weeks. The quote I was given today for cavern was $1k, which included everything including fills.

I can do a lot of diving in Ft. Lauderdale for a grand :eyebrow:

Holy crap.....$1K? I was with you and thinking that intro cavern might be an option with things the way they were. But you're right, I can do three weeks in Ft. Lauderdale for that.

I've been looking around in relation to advanced nitrox/deco once I realized that I might need a cavern cert to get deep enough for the checkout dives. I've since found a reputable cavern/cave/tech instructor with more reasonable prices. I want to think about it a bit longer, and make a gear change or two, but I'm leaning in that (cavern) direction.

Now if Chevron dumps oil in some spring systems, I'm buying a postal uniform and loading all my guns :wink:

I took my cavern class with Robert Neto Chipola Divers - Home and my class was far less than 1K. If there is only one student then the class is $400.00, but if there is two or more students in the class than it is only $300.00. You will be diving at the Mill Pond and you will get your fills at Cave Adventurers. He charges by the cubic foot of gas for fills. This means when your tank if half empty he will only charge you for the gas it takes to fill you back up. Robert can direct you to plenty of cheap hotels to stay in for the two day class. You don't have to go out and buy a sidemount rig or doubles set-up. It is not required at the cavern level. I have seen several people taking cavern in total open water gear. Robert even has reels for you to try out during the class so that you can use several different types so that you can try it out so that you can make an informed purchase later on. Robert's email and phone numbers are listed on his site.

I took my cavern class with Robert Neto Chipola Divers - Home and my class was far less than 1K. If there is only one student then the class is $400.00, but if there is two or more students in the class than it is only $300.00. You will be diving at the Mill Pond and you will get your fills at Cave Adventurers. He charges by the cubic foot of gas for fills. This means when your tank if half empty he will only charge you for the gas it takes to fill you back up. Robert can direct you to plenty of cheap hotels to stay in for the two day class. You don't have to go out and buy a sidemount rig or doubles set-up. It is not required at the cavern level. I have seen several people taking cavern in total open water gear. Robert even has reels for you to try out during the class so that you can use several different types so that you can try it out so that you can make an informed purchase later on. Robert's email and phone numbers are listed on his site.

That's the reputable instructor I mentioned. I've heard nothing but good things about Robert, and I appreciate your report supporting that.

Back
Top Bottom