Ginnie 2/7-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well its been a while since i had some real time off from work. The plans for Hawaii just turned really expensive, but i was looking forward to the time to dive. I am contemplating taking a week off work and just going diving as much as possible during that week. If there isnt much interest i might just take a half week or something, who knows quite yet, but i thought i would ask around and see if others were off during the week and wanted to dive.

My time free would be from one weekend to the next of 2/5-2/13. There is a chance of me being on the SE early in the week if i accompany a friend who is doing a course in Miami, but not sure who/if anyone is free to shore dive, with the odd boat dive too - of course weather could play a large part in this. I was thinking i could travel around between WPB and Miami area doing whatever came up for diving.

If that doesnt come through i was wondering about heading up to cave country for a good part of the week, hitting Ginnie, Peacock/OG, Manatee, LR, and anywhere else that sounded like fun - prefer state parks as they are as good as free. I would be up for a bunch of diving, probably try to crash somewhere or pitch my tent or grab a motel room/one of the cabins around there.

Its all pretty vague at the moment, there is a slim chance of going skiing towards the end of the week on a long weekend around 2/10-2/13 up in NJ and possibly assisting/tagging along with an OW class for the same friend if she decides on it during that week.

Just throwing this out there, dont know if anyone is off on the weekdays or is trained for caves and wants to hit some during the week. I will also be up there at Ginnie, Devils Den and maybe Crystal River the following weekend 2/19-20 with the NC/KY groups that are coming down where i might hook up for some cave dives as well.

Obviously, I'll be around, with my schedule I can dive early Tues & Thurs, most Fridays after noon and any weekend, I even have a couch you can probably crash on.

OneBrightGator:
Obviously, I'll be around, with my schedule I can dive early Tues & Thurs, most Fridays after noon and any weekend, I even have a couch you can probably crash on.
What do you mean by early? Do you have to be in class at a certain time? Thanks for the option on the couch, might make use of that. Plans are still only in the beginning stages, but i am hopeful!

OneBrightGator:
Class at 5 on Tues-Thurs and out of class by 10:30 most Fridays.
I would call those almost full days off, at least daylight at the moment and of course a lie in on friday! We shall see what transpires, most likely it will be state park stuff - i know you like it cheap, and so do i. :wink:

Well slight spanner in the works, might be flying up to NJ/NY later in that week as i had thought might happen, but the flight might be as early as wednesday, which might limit me to something on monday and early morning tuesday with 18-24 hours off before the flight. Will keep you updated on these developments, but i shall certainly be diving monday and possibly part of tuesday. Not the weekend before and not much chance later in the week/following weekend, looks like i will have to make it up the preceeding and following weekends with other people's trips. So in summary:
1/29 - cavern with H2Andy, Scubafool and Orlandorogue, maybe some cave with Andy again.
2/5-6 - non diving
2/7-8 - cave diving, at least all day monday and early tuesday
2/9-13 - out of town NY/NJ
2/19-20 - NC/KY groups (Ginnie/Peacock)
Not sure what is up after that time.

Unless anyone else feels the desire to come out post-SuperBowl, it looks like GDI and i will hit Peacock around 9am, upper OG cave seems the first choice, but we could move onto P1 later in the day, we are working on the details!

I have a flight wednesday 7am, so if i get something in early on tuesday (like before midday), that would be good too - DAN seems to suggest only 18 hours for multiple diving days/dives, so maybe a quick one or two on tuesday morning shouldnt hurt and i should still have some time to play with before i fly. Some nice nitrox and good long stops might help there :wink: Looks like i wouldnt be going much deeper than 70ft anyway around Peacock/OG.

OneBrightGator:
Post Superbowl???
I believe 2/7 is the morning after 2/6 the superbowl day/evening - i know you college football fans arent quite into that, but you know what i mean, most people seem to party a bit.

I should still be around that tuesday morning if you dont mind calling it off just around lunch, so you wanna dive?

As for the grand traverse, lets leave that for another day :wink:

Had my dates messed up.

Tuesday should work for me, test on Monday so putting off diving til then would probably be better.

PM to follow...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom