Gimougerous Stingray!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He he, DannyDon, your he is a she. I would love to get a camera but it is a little out of my price range!
I am not sure if it was any of those rays, I live in Cape Town, South Africa. It was your standard Cape Town grey looking ray with no markings.

Spongebobscubasteve:
He he, DannyDon, your he is a she. I would love to get a camera but it is a little out of my price range!
I am not sure if it was any of those rays, I live in Cape Town, South Africa. It was your standard Cape Town grey looking ray with no markings.
Her name is Stever, huh? Ok-fine. I did notice a reference to a BF, but skipped over it. Can I help you with your Avatar...?

Forget about carrying a cam for the first 100 dives. Too distracting.

See if your dive shop has a good book with pics of local rays and try to ID it. We're curious now. I've seen Southern Stingrays almost that big, but I don't think you get that specie.

My name is Ashlea. Scuba Steve is a referance to an Adam Sandler movie and of course I and a Sponge Bob fan.
My avatar pic is a special one to me, that was taken right after my very first open water dive, it is my BF and I. I am the short girl on his left.

Oh, and I will try and check out which ray it was, I'll run a google search now and see if I can post a pic.

344d0tj.jpg

There he is, that is the one.

Okee dokee - your Username and Avatar pic are both fine, but I'm won't be the last one to refer to you as he.

There he is, that is the one.

Cool, you IDed it and sexed it - you're sure it's a male. :rofl3: Here we go again.

Can you give us the name? Couldn't tell much from the bottom side...??

Well, it wasn't carrying a purse so I assumed it was male. I think it is a Bullray. It was medium grey on top with large eyes. No spots or any other markings.

I don't mind being referred to as a he, everyone will eventually get that I am a girl.

Spongebobscubasteve:
Well, it wasn't carrying a purse so I assumed it was male. I think it is a Bullray. It was medium grey on top with large eyes. No spots or any other markings.
OMG, if i carry a camera bag, am I going to be mistaken for a she? :11: I like to think I'm man enough to wear a pink shirt, but mayb I need to be careful. Nah, not my style.

Glad you could ID it. This source says they get up to 1.8 m, so it sounds like you spotted one of the biggest. Nice find. :thumb:

I don't mind being referred to as a he, everyone will eventually get that I am a girl.
You might consider adding something like "All Female - w-BF" to your Sig. :D

DandyDon:
OMG, if i carry a camera bag, am I going to be mistaken for a she? :11: I like to think I'm man enough to wear a pink shirt, but mayb I need to be careful. Nah, not my style.
Only if your camera bag is pink with a pocket for your D&G compact! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom