Gilboa this weekend, Friday and Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be at Gilboa this weekend from Friday afternoon thru Saturday afternoon. Have to be back for a birthday on Sunday. But I will have copies of my book, HOG and Edge stickers, and may have a few Scubaboard stickers knocking around as well. Will be camping there Friday evening. Stop by and say Hi. Look for the Blue Canopy with the HOG/Edge Banner around the front of it! I'll be in a red Toyota Rav4.

I will be down camping too.
Going to be doing my AOW. :)
Cheers SteveP

Home from the quarry. Good to be back home. Bad to be going back to work tomorrow. While out at the quarry I met a few SB people and generally had a good time. I was out there with a student doing some dives for his SEI Master Diver course. He did great and we both enjoyed the facility and the weather was perfect. We did 4 really good dives and I managed to hit 114 ft with a water temp of 46 degrees at that depth. Friday was the best day for vis as Saturday brought the crowds and what appeared to be lots of OW students.

That unfortunately brings me to this. My student was able to see first hand how not to conduct open water checkouts. I am going to post another thread in the New Divers forum because this needs to be said and hopefully new divers will see it and not allow themselves to be subjected to such goings on. I may also toss one in the instructor forum. The title of the thread in the New Divers forum will be "How things like the Lake Rawlings Death Happen".

---------- Post Merged at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Home from the quarry. Good to be back home. Bad to be going back to work tomorrow. While out at the quarry I met a few SB people and generally had a good time. I was out there with a student doing some dives for his SEI Master Diver course. He did great and we both enjoyed the facility and the weather was perfect. We did 4 really good dives and I managed to hit 114 ft with a water temp of 46 degrees at that depth. Friday was the best day for vis as Saturday brought the crowds and what appeared to be lots of OW students.

That unfortunately brings me to this. My student was able to see first hand how not to conduct open water checkouts. I am going to post another thread in the New Divers forum tomorrow because this needs to be said and hopefully new divers will see it and not allow themselves to be subjected to such goings on. I may also toss one in the instructor forum. The title of the thread in the New Divers forum will be "How things like the Lake Rawlings Death Happen".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom