Gilboa Sept 15-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHobster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
All:

We are having our annual pilgrimmage to Gilboa Sept 15-16. Please feel free to join us, or come to the turnaround and say hey. We'll have an AOW going on and maybe a specialty or two, and the club will have a Scavenger Hunt in the afternoon on Saturday. There should be enough people there we can hook you up with a buddy. We'll be doing most of our dives off the dock closest to the plane, as it's the closest one to the turnaround.

We'll have a night dive followed by a liars session around the campfire. So come by and say hello, or come by and dive with us.

Man I would love to come and hang out with all of you this is the only weekend in Sept. that I have to work.
BUMMER!
Have some awesome dives and will catch up with your guys some where.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

you bet Cam; this is my ONLY weekend to dive this month so I intend on enjoying it

Hobster,

Sorry to miss you as well.

But I will be with open water students in Circleville.

Have a great weekend!

I wish I could join in the diving festivities this weekend! Have fun and be prepared to make more..... 'So, there I was' stories! :wink:

So there I was ... at Gilboa with 6 AOW students, 2 rookies and about 20 friends; a glorious weekend. If you take a group to Gilboa, and they are of any size I highly recommend the "turnaround" area; lots of room. The diving was great early as always, got stirred up a bit, but still 30'. Trout don't seem as big; cats seem bigger; smallies are huge. No one saw the paddlefish, but many saw the koi. The docks seem to have been affected by the storms last month, as well as some trees down. Water temp was low 70's at surface to 33-35' for first t-cline. 2nd was at 55' or so.

I don't know the count but there were plenty of folks there Sat and Sun.

'Twas a good weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom