Gilboa dive 7-3-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelagic_by_nature

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Did a couple of dives at Gilboa today. The place was deserted - kinda surprising for a holiday weekend. Made for some terrific vis. Here's a video of SB member Davemohio feeding the fish at the schoolbus (hit the play button, then hit the pause button and wait for the video to finish loading for the smoothest playback)

[video=vimeo;25943493]http://vimeo.com/25943493[/video]

Last edited:
gilboa is almost always deserted on holiday weekends, it was the same for memorial day, everyone is off doing bbq with family.

Hey Tom, nice video - almost got a little scary there when they started getting a bit crazy! Was that with your GoPro?

The wife and I are heading to Key Largo this weekend to get in a little birthday diving. First time I will have dove since our awesome beach dives last day in Coz. Then heading back to Key Largo a month later to tack a few days onto a Miami business trip. Hoping to do the Spiegel and the Duane on that trip.

Hope all is well,

-Gabe

This weekend I would generally find 6 fish or so on the top of the bus. They would see a diver and then hover. When this vid was made, as soon as I took out the food packet, the masses appeared out of nowhere. I had a hard time opening the baggie, with my heavy gloves. The trout were swarming over me by then...bumping into my arms and hands, swimming by my face. They wanted that food! I finally got the bag open and spilled it out quickly. They still wanted the empty baggie in my hand and went for that! I tucked it in my BC and kicked off a few feet to get some relief from em! Alot of fun for 50 cents!

Hi Gabe!!
Yes, shot with the Go Pro. Have fun in Key Largo. Have you booked a return trip back to Coz yet? We're heading back in December, the 3rd to the 10th, but I might be heading back the first week in September, as well. Have fun on the Spiegel Grove. Send me a link to your pics. Hope you can make it down to Coz in December.

I dove with a guy off of Morehead who had a go pro and I was in awe at the quality of the video, I think these devices are pretty awesome! I have it on my to buy list, just after new undergarments for the not so wet suit.

Thanks Tom, I'm putting those dates in my calendar, would love to dive with you again if we can swing it. If only to get a better shot of you patiently resting on the bottom while I sneak up on a 1" fish for 10 minutes ;-D

PS, agree with other posters, the quality on those little GoPros is amazing, especially for the price. I was at a work event a couple of weeks ago and the pro film crew were using them on a giant aluminum boom pole to get insane crane-like shots. Very fun.

We had great dives on Saturday and Monday as well.
Odd to have room and no traffic above and below!
Looking forward to some dives a little farther north!
Huron is calling.

CamG Keep Diving...Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Back
Top Bottom