Gilboa Cost??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think most folks know what you're asking here, and I haven't been recently enough to answer accurately. Most of these folks ONLY go on weekends. I've always been a week-day diver, and on week days, they never had a crowd, so they never charged to park back there. That was one of the perks of going during the week. I don't know if they changed the "during the week" policy of allowing you to park back there for free. You'll have to call and ask.

When I was down there at the end of September on a Friday, we had to pay to park back by the docks. $4/person and we agreed that we might as well take both cars back there if we had to pay per-person anyway.

Diving fee:
Portage Quarry=$10, Gilboa= $15

Air fills:
Portage + $6/3000psi, Gilboa = $8

Now, while I've done a bit of diving at Gilboa, and while Portage is an extra few miles, it adds up. If I do 3 dives in a day, (3 fills) I will pay $28 @ Portage and $39 @ Gilboa. $11 extra per day for the dives in one day. Multiply that by the number of trips one takes during the Ohio dive season and it could come up to a considerable amount.

As another post mentioned as well, the surface interval view is a bit...well, different...at Portage, too. I really like Gilboa a lot, but found myself going to Portage quite a bit last summer!

Back
Top Bottom