Gilboa 1/16/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeb663

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone diving at Gilboa this sunday? Looking at possibly getting over there and was wondering if anyone was gonna be there. PM me if going please.

Anyone diving at Gilboa this sunday? Looking at possibly getting over there and was wondering if anyone was gonna be there. PM me if going please.

I'm interested in diving, but no idea if it is iced yet. Plus, weather looks cold and snowy for Sunday . . . .

Anybody got better info?

Is it iced over yet? I may be available Monday.

The other two quarries are frozen so Gilboa just may be frozen also. Gilboa is only open the first and third weekends during the winter months. If it is frozen over, I'll go on the 16th.

I'm gonna give Mike a call, but I would be shocked if it was frozen. All the forecasts I have seen are cold and light snow, after all it is january! I found a buddy for sunday, so no worries. Thanks guys Have a nice day

I'm gonna give Mike a call, but I would be shocked if it was frozen. All the forecasts I have seen are cold and light snow, after all it is january! I found a buddy for sunday, so no worries. Thanks guys Have a nice day

I called and talked to Whitney up there. As of yesterday, no ice.

However, forecast for Sunday is cold (low 11, high 22), possible snow. Least that is what I saw earlier today.

Ken

Yeah, I looked at the forecast, cold with a chance of snow. I'm going to stay home and brew a batch of beer.

Last edited:
One more great day of diving today. Some ice is starting to form on the banks and we had to break through a thin skim of ice to get in. The weather was great. It was cold but the full sun made it bearable. I imagine with the forecast calling for much colder temps it will most likely be frozen over in week or so. Thanks for the group from Sea Level Scuba out of Northwood, OH including the owner/instructor Dale Musser. Thanks also for the interest here from members. Enjoy your winter!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom