Gift Idea Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I wish men would post what they would like to get, because that would help give me ideas.

Those leathermen tools are nice.

Men are EASY to buy for. If it is new, shiny and we can play with it (or eat it), we will love it (and it doesn't even have to be new or shiny!). Leathermen are wonderful. Golf balls, balls of any variety, golf ball markers, golf distance finders, speciality golf clubs, tools of virtually any variety (we like to think we could actually build something useful), scuba tools, binoculars, games (computer games are great, but expensive. What ever happened to board games? Played speed monopoly over Thanksgiving and loved it), poker chips. How about a subscription to Sports Illustrated or some other magazine that covers his interest (its the gift that gives all year long!). Also, music or comedy CD's. Just please, no talking mounted fish!

Now women, you are a different story. I can NEVER figure you out.

OK, stay with me on this one. A smoker for your husband. They are not terribly expensive and, if he is a man's man, it will definitely speak to him, right at that primal male level. And, Catherine, you said you like to give gifts you can enjoy? You will enjoy the benefits of this as the food is outstanding (way better than a mere grill) and you don't have to cook (at least not the main course. It takes a while to figure out how to use it, but once you do, wow! I smoke turkeys for the family and parties that are to die for. My kids think my ribs are the best in the world. Pork roasts, chickens, you name it. I got one for Christmas two years ago, just a basic one, and it is one of my most prized possessions.

I want a smoker!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom