Gift Idea Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Okay...I used to be really good at shopping. This year, I am having a shopping "block".

I am just drawing a blank.

I need help....if you come across a good idea or site, please post it here.

I haven't been in a mall for ages, so I must be understimulated. Still, I have stacks of

catologs, and nothing seems like a good idea. I am getting desperate.

So...I had a couple ideas, as pathetic as they seem:

1) noise cancelling headphones for my sister (so I can use them on the way to the east coast to see her, aren't I nice? Hey...you can't wrap stuff for the plane anyway) She has little kids, so I figure she can throw them on when she is making dinner and having a glass of wine, when she has had enough.

2) The new SP LED little handy dandy flashlight. (it's super bright)

3) Those padded camera backpacks are nice...with the compartments.

4) Pirates of the Caribbean just came out on DVD....

5) bike/ truck rack for JB (notice I get people stuff I can use?)

okay...whew. I'm spent. Please help. Just generic presents that are not a total waste of money.

Wow. Without knowing what the people in your life like or are into, that is a hard one. I have gotten tough-to-shop-for people gift certificates at nice restaurants and movie theaters, which have always gone over well. They would prefer a night out to something that will just take up space. (Of course, this is not so popular with kids). And you can't go wrong with scuba accessories for the scuba fans in your life.

By the way, I have Bose Noise Reduction headphones and they are great. Not just for the noise reduction. They are great headphones period. (And the original Pirates is awesome. Not so much the sequel).

Of course, I am not one to talk about presents. I have not even started mine (have to go out tonight to get office gifts, then the family). Yikes:11:

Good luck.

yea, I will need some luck at this point.

I might send my parents some steaks from Omaha or something.

I really an not into this this year.

Yup, the Bose are kinda pricey....I am hooked on their radio/ Cd players and have a couple.

I always lose gift certificates or let them expire, unfortunately.

Magazine subscriptions are good...Outdoors and National Geo Adventurer

I get the Omaha steaks every year from my sister, I look foward to getting them.......................HMMM I gotta go fix one now they just got here......
Ray

so...are they better than what you can get in Costco?

and why? Which cut is your favorite?

I wish men would post what they would like to get, because that would help give me ideas.

Those leathermen tools are nice.

saw an add on the TV for a digital recorder the size of a car key remote, it is for recording reminders, like where you put something you are trying to hide from yourself which I do all the time and forget where I hid it. Or where you parked your car at the Airport or, mall or sports arena and when you get back, you forgot where you parked. Nice stocking stuffers for people who forget, they were cheap too, 2 for $10

Pirates of the Caribbean just came out on DVD....

on my list

Just bought season five of 24 at Target yesterday, $40 (good price, was $50 at Best Buys and the earlier seasons are like $55-60

YES! I saw that. I like those, but that would make me feel old, David. I would have to record why I was in my car in the first place....I like to just pretend I know where I am going and hope something triggers my memory.

Oh..."24" is that with Kieffer Sutherland? yea...JB would like that. we are getting sick of renting crappy movies.

Alas...we don't have Target, or I would have no worries....

website? SEE! Now i am cookin'

Top sirloin is thawing now the burger patties are good too,as far as better than what ya can get elsewhere sure they are free!!!
I love my leatherman it is used most every day, But if I were going to buy another one today I would get the Gerber.

oh really, why?

see? now that is a gift anybody could use.

FREE...yea, my dad understands that quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom