Giant sand bar in Panama City????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Actually, this thread would better be placed in the FL Conch forum.

Picky, picky, picky . . . . !!!!!!

Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Bug Man, I think you're getting old !!!

the K

The bug man has too much cold water against his brain. Besides that he comes to Morrison last weekend and don't come to Vortex to socialize with those of us who are working for a dive.

The sandbar one mile out from PC is someone pulling someone's leg. However the Shell Island ferry and snorkeling on that side is great. Folks play with and feed the Dolphins but watch out for the RIBS with a roof because there is a hefty fine.

The Kraken:
Picky, picky, picky . . . . !!!!!!

Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Bug Man, I think you're getting old !!!

the K

You guys were at Vortex last weekend? I would have stopped by had I known :D

Are you kidding me? I have read so much about this glorious "giant sanbar". It allegedly has huge limestone reefs near it and is a perfect dive, snorkel, shelling spot. I was envisioning my 12 year old seeing all sorts of wonderful things. I wondered why I couldn't find aerial views of it. I was really looking forward to trying to ditch my fear of scuba on this trip. Oh well......

As for where to post this thread, if it needs to be moved, please do so. I'm still making my way around the board after lurking just in the photo gallery for months.

Carmen, where have you read so much about it?

There are a couple sandbars that are directly offshore. They move around a little with storms and conditions. But they are within 100 to 200 yards of shore, not a mile.

I've seen these more over in the Destin area in the past few years as I haven't done much beach activity in PCB in recent years. they were made 'famous' in the news by some fo the shark incidents in the past couple years...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom