Getting wet in texas - Plans for a week end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matias Vidal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
My work will be sending me to Houston TX at the end of February for a couple of weeks, having the week end free (and perhaps a day more) in the middle. Perfect ocasion to get some diving (I live in Buenos Aires 800 km from the nearest dive spot, image how it feels).
After some google seaches I found that all praised the live abord to "Flower Gardens". Any dive Shop to recommend? Are there any other option that worth considering?

Thanks in advance.

/Matias

Matias Vidal:
Hi all,
My work will be sending me to Houston TX at the end of February for a couple of weeks, having the week end free (and perhaps a day more) in the middle. Perfect ocasion to get some diving (I live in Buenos Aires 800 km from the nearest dive spot, image how it feels).
After some google seaches I found that all praised the live abord to "Garden Flowers". Any dive Shop to recommend? Are there any other option that worth considering?

Thanks in advance.

/Matias

Here is a link to get you out to the Flower Gardens

http://www.gulf-diving.com/schedule.html

the schedule starts for the Spree in Feb....but the gulf is unpredictable...the best times to dive it is in summer and even then you may get blown out

Matias, although I have never been there, I am sure you will be very happy with Flower Gardens dives. I have seen many photos that friends have taken there, and it looks amazing. Beautiful reef diving with many animals to enjoy. Hope you get to go out there! If not, perhaps an oil rig dive from Port Arthur or Corpus Christi? Enjoy your time in Texas, be sure and eat some good Tex-Mex food while you're here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom