getting wet in St.Louis MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcbeaudry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi, i'm in St Louis for work for a while - Where do the locals dive here ?
Bonne Terre seems like a must - and easy for a person who does travel with all his
gear - but doesnt have a buddy .
any other local hotspots ? if anyone is looking for a safe buddy - drop me a note please !
i'm here till april 22nd - mostly availble mondays - or early morning dives.
cheers

marc

hi, i'm in St Louis for work for a while - Where do the locals dive here ?
Bonne Terre seems like a must - and easy for a person who does travel with all his
gear - but doesnt have a buddy .
any other local hotspots ? if anyone is looking for a safe buddy - drop me a note please !
i'm here till april 22nd - mostly availble mondays - or early morning dives.
cheers

marc

Bredina Springs is about an hour from St. Louis - its cold - but the owners are super nice people (Bredina Springs | Bredina Springs is a beautiful 12 acre dive quarry in Hillview, Illinois. Central Illinois answer to diving!). They'll open for the season Sunday, April 1.

Bennett Springs (Bennett Spring State Park | Missouri State Parks) is a fantastic place to dive - but the season just ended. :(

I like Roubidoux and Cannonball - but you need at least a Cavern Cert for Roubidoux - and Cannonball would require at least Intro to Cave Cert. They are also probably still blown.

Driving further out - Mermett Springs (near Metropolis, IL) is a popular Quarry. Quail Run (near Rolla, MO) is a shallow quarry - again with nice owners.

Not sure about your schedule - but I'd be happy to dive with you while you're in town.

Bjorn

I dont have cave or cavern certs - and i'd hate to hold a person of your experience back but if you need a dive buddy - i'm interested. I work weekends so only have mondays off - i can meet for an early morning dive weekedays too if that makes a difference. if any of that works for you - please drop me a note marcrbeaudry at gmail dot com
m

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom