Getting Wet, Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helliott

Registered
Reaction score
I thought I had done this, But maybe not, since there are 0 replies.

I'm returning to SCUBA after 20+ years dry and am as excited about it as I was the first time. I'm almost 68 years of age, but in good shape and am going back through the basic course since the techniques and, especially, the equipment have changed so much in my long dry time.

I hope to be a regular participant on these boards and to get some good advice and tips.

I live in Osceola County, Florida, and am retired from both the USAF and all useful work.

That's fantastic! I hope to be still diving at your age.

And scuba diving is like riding a bike, you never really forget. Just need to take a refresher course to brush up on anything that may be a bit hazy.

Have fun and dive safe :D

Welcome to the board & back to diving.

I also had a 20+ year surface Interval and chose to retake the class from the beginning. Although the classes now are not much compared to what we had to do in '73.

If you're like me, this will be the best thing you can do for yourself.
I am having more fun diving now than I did in my 20's.

Dive safe, check the Fla Conch section often, we try to get groups together often.

By the way, what kind of bike?

Thanks for the welcome, Lance. I will definitely check out the Conch section.

I ride a 1990 FLHS, the old ElectraGlide Sport. don't see many of them around these parts.

I'm convinced that retaking the basic course was a great idea. I was originally certified in 1971 and, as you said, there wasn't a lot to it, in those days. I learned alot in the next 15 years, but it's a wonder I didn't kill myself while I was learning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom