Getting Uwatec battery changed in Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geoff_H

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know if this is possible? My friend has a dive computer she purchased in Singapore before moving to Japan and now the battery has died.

I tried the Uwatec website but the dealer list is all in kanji to me. Anyone else tried this and got any sage advice?

We can do it as a SP/Uwatec dealer. Visit the Ex-Scuba shop in Kanda.

Thomas

Cheers Thomas.... Do you send it away? Any idea on typical turnaround times?

Is this the address?

9 Kita-Norimono
Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0036
Phone +81-3-5298-8616

It depends on what model. One week normally.

Yes, the address is correct.

Thomas

Repairing takes longer time here as well of course. Changing the battery is often very quick. If you know the SP guys you can even go down to them in Yokohama and they do it on the spot for you or while you have an ice cream in the marina.

Thomas

A battery change usually takes 6-8 weeks if sent back to Uwatec in the States, from the time they receive it to the time they send it back out, from personal and friends' experiences. We may have been the exceptions, but they do seem to take their time in performing after-care service.

That was not very good service. I am talking about the new models. Not sure about old ones.

Thomas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom