Getting TTL to work with a G12 and Ikelite DS61

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, the housing came back from Ikelite after making its way across the Pacific twice in quick succession. I was informed the circuitry in the housing had been replaced completely.
Imagine my disappointment therefore when exactly the same problem occurred.
Ikelite offered that I could return it once more along with whatever strobe I was trying to use.
At this point I sought out and borrowed a complete rig which I knew was working. Once I saw the elusive red lightning bolt and how the menus were SUPPOSED to work, I knew what to look for.
I replaced each separate part of the rig one by one, including the camera (just in case). My brand new DS51 appears to be at fault.
I have no idea if this was part of the original problem or the complete original problem. I am assuming that Ikelite upon receiving my housing would not have replaced working components.
The distributor in NZ has agreed to replace rather than return to Ikelite for repair. Hopefully then I will receive this before Christmas and my summer holiday liveaboard trip early in the new year!

I wanted to thank all those who offered input and suggestions. SB rocks, if only to tell you what you are doing wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom