Getting to San Pedro from BZE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jscheier

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you recommend taking a boat or a puddle jumper? Some sites state that a boat can take as long as 2 hours. Puddle jumper seems to be a quick 15-20 min flight but is 10 times the cost.

thanks

J

I prefer the flight as it saves several hours and is less hassle since you are already at the aiport. The landing strip in San Pedro is in town. The boat is cheaper but not by as much as you imply as you need to take a taxi from airport to the port to catch the boat. With luggage and dive kit the plane is worth the extra $50 or so but this is subjective. The 18 seat aircraft is scenic and enjoyable
Either way you will love the diving in a chilled atmosphere

I prefer the flight as it saves several hours and is less hassle since you are already at the aiport. The landing strip in San Pedro is in town. The boat is cheaper but not by as much as you imply as you need to take a taxi from airport to the port to catch the boat. With luggage and dive kit the plane is worth the extra $50 or so but this is subjective. The 18 seat aircraft is scenic and enjoyable
Either way you will love the diving in a chilled atmosphere

In addition, the taxi from the "airport" in San Pedro to your hotel and back is included in the price.

Unless you want to see Belize City, go with the flight. It keeps your vacation planning simpler.

I liked the flight. We went back on the boat to see the ruins mainside, and the trip was really long and rough. On a nice day I'm sure it's fine, but with the added bonus of getting to the dock, the price of the flight was well worth it.

I use Tropic Air but another carrier is Maya Air that I have not used. You can reserve seats on Tropic Air online on their site. Seats are limited so this is advisable

I use Tropic Air but another carrier is Maya Air that I have not used. You can reserve seats on Tropic Air online on their site. Seats are limited so this is advisable

A lot of the resorts said they can book the flights, but I am going to fly.

thanks again

J

(now trying to pick a resort)

I stayed at Xanadu and loved it. They have their own pier for dive boat pick up. Ask them directly for their best rate.

Back
Top Bottom