Getting tested on return to U.S.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weeezer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What has been your experience in getting a 24 hour test before returning to the U.S? Has anyone used the United Airlines eMed system? If so, how did it work?

It is incredibly easy, especially in Cozumel. If you're staying at a large hotel they probably have a relationship with a testing center that will come to the hotel and give you a rapid antigen test. If you're staying elsewhere there are small walk-up testing "shacks" on the main street in Cozumel. I can't speak to United since I fly AA.

PS. The rule for the US testing window isn't 24 hours, it's "the day before" so if you're flight is at 3pm on Saturday you can get tested anytime on Friday.

Just came back a little over a week ago and no issues. We stayed at a private condo so went to the International Hospital for a test. $450 per person and super easy. Big sign on street directing you to a separate entrance.

Be warned, hours say open until 6 so we showed up about 5:30-5:40 on our way to dinner and door was locked. Went into main hospital entrance and they walked us over and the lab tech was super nice and tested us really quick.

Results were emailed and super easy to upload into the United Travel Ready section of your booking. Approved in less than 1 minute.

What has been your experience in getting a 24 hour test before returning to the U.S? Has anyone used the United Airlines eMed system? If so, how did it work?
If you are going to Cozumel, I would just get your test done at any number of places locally, including the international Hospital, which is around the corner from Casa Mexicana. I used the emed self test kit that is approved by United airlines for travel back from Egypt, where local testing and results within 24 hours was not an option. It worked flawlessly, but you do need to buy a 6 pack of tests for $150. Cannot buy single test kits. Here is the link. eMed™ Enabled 6-Pack COVID-19 At-Home Test and Lab Report

I bought the 6 pack as I am traveling enough to use them all. Will be using for my wife and I this Saturday prior to departure from Bonaire to USA on Sunday morning and again next month when returning from Fiji.

My pharmacy gave me a stack of Flowflex Covid-19 Antigen Home Tests, free of charge.
Turns out for $20+tax you can purchase a telehealth proctoring session to go with them, and thus satisfy the CDC entry-to-the-US requirement. See https://www.azova.com/flowflexvideo/ for details.

Sorry, didn't realize this was the Cozumel forum. Thought it was general travel.

Sometimes it's easy to get the test but getting the results emailed to you is something else. We've ended up getting tested and then tried to chase down the results at 4am on the way to the airport because you don't have the option to wait at the clinic.

Also you may get your testing done in interesting settings. But whatever works i guess.
Where was this? The email is nice as it makes advance check-in work well, but I like a hard copy just in case. I could have waited at the clinic, but I use one on 15th ave near a favorite restaurant and pick it up on the way back.

Back
Top Bottom