Getting Sitech Dry Gloves On Straight - Tips???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhillier

New
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Greetings,

I have been diving a Whites Fusion Tech dry suit off and on for about 1.5 years now. For the most part, I like the suit (other than the fact that Harry Houdini might have problems getting out of it without help - if I didn't have a buddy, I'd probably still be wearing it)... It has the Sitech dry glove system on it, and unless I have help from someone, I can never get these gloves oriented straight, causing the O-rings to kink and leak. This is not fun in water that is barely warm enough to be liquid.

It would be nice to be able to get these on properly on my own without it being a fluke. Does anyone have any secrets that they would be willing to share that might help me out?

Thanks in advance...

>>> Rick <<<

I had been having a buddy snap then in place for me, then i finally let my favorite buddy lubricate the oring with a tiny bit of crystolube, and wouldntcha know he was right, i can put on and take off my own gloves by myself. No leaks. The key is to apply pressure evenly to the whole o ring, i rarely have leaks, assisted donn or do it myself now.

Back
Top Bottom