Getting replacement BP/W webbing in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karlovsky120

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So, I've recently gotten a BP/W (Apeks WTX-30), but due to a user error (lost screw and letting it hang by a harness that way) the backplate has chewed into the harness on the shoulder. It's not really structural issue, it's going to hold for a good while still, but it is bothering me. I'll send a picture when I get home if I remember.

Since I need to reconfigure a few things anyway (requiring me to remove most of the webbing), I though I could just replace it altogether. The problem is, I don't know where to get it. I plan on going to few local shops that might hold the stuff with a sample of what I have, but I don't know if I'll find anything similar, or if I do, how to tell if it really is similar or just feels like it (and then it changes properties when it gets wet, etc).

And since I'm changing the stuff, I might as well go all out and get the webbing in yellow.

So, does anyone know where can one fine a "scuba" grade webbing (similar to what Apeks ships with their BP/W) in Europe?
Bonus points if it comes in yellow.

Any decent dive shop?

Colourful H harness - if you can’t it as “Europe” :rolleyes: :

OMS sells a similar webbing. You might find cheaper DirZone in black. Xdeep and Tecline probably make it too.

the backplate has chewed into the harness on the shoulder.
Just a couple of times after I used my then new BPW, I noticed the same "problem". Concerned about it, I asked a friend dive instructor. His reply was: I wish you to dive so much that this becomes a real problem one day.
5 years and about 450 dives later my harness is still the same. Still a bit chewed, but very very far from becoming a real problem.

if you insist, have a look here: Harness

That's the "best" European shop I have found over the years. My definition of "best" is the shop that stocks/sells the largest variety of items at reasonable prices with good customer service and support. YMMV.

Piranha Dive:

Use medium stiff or even stiff (it will break in). Soft is too floppy and will make getting in and out a challenge.

Your frayed area on your current webbing probably will last many years yet. Just put a lighter to it and burn the frayed area. Frayed areas add authenticty to your rig like having missing chunks of rubber out of your Jets from curious sharks. Embedded shark teeth are bonus points.

I see you are in Europe, my bad, surely there are some tech oriented vendors there? You want 2 inch webbing, resin impregnated for stiffness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom