Getting Ready for Summer?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive year round. Hopefully in the winter somewhere South as a Geezer snowbird, but into the 35F water in N.S. if need be. Exercises are the same: 20 mins. stationary bike if at home or long beach walks if away. A little calistenics (sp???) and some arm stretches (the rubber bands with handles). Practise my clarinet an hour daily, so my fingers are in great shape....Shoot baskets once about every 3 months (this replaces that day's 20 min. bike).

I feel really blessed as I get in shape for diving by doing more diving!! :wink:

I also dive year round but exercise as well.
6 days a week I work out on a Total Gym (level 4) and do a easy run or hard walk of between 1 and 2 miles depending upon my mood. I'll also do 20 minutes of water areobics when my pool gets above 80.

I think building leg and lung stamina are the important thing but if you have to work hard while diving you are doing something wrong :rofl3:

As a dive guide, I dive to keep in shape for more diving,on top of loading/unloading tanks,dive gear,and dive boat equipment. At almost 60 years young if diving was physically demanding,I would not be doing it for a living.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

Oddly, I just started jogging yesterday. Dadgum I am sore. But, I am old and fat!

I am up to 5 miles and it isn't easy--it isn't easy getting old and creaky! Then again, I have a 24-hour race in a month and a half and two marathons and at least one ultra-marathon scheduled this year.

Also lifting weights to get ready to lug tanks and equipment around...

Joe
Paramedic/Firefighter

Back
Top Bottom