Getting PADI open water certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go for it! I just got my PADI OW certification today. I paid a little extra and had 1-on-1 training. The instructor was awesome and it was a great experience for me.

MichiganMadDog,

Do you just want to get certified? Or do you want the most thorough class possible?

If you want a comprehensive class, interview potential instructors. You are planning to hire one to do a job. Ask them what is included in the class, what skills they require in the pool. How much time will you have in the pool? You'll want as many skills as possible, as much time in the pool as possible and you want to cover topics as thoroughly as possible. There are big differences between agencies' standards, but you'll find instructors in all agencies who go above and beyond the minimum requirements.

DiverBuoy,

While there is some truth in what you say, you're selling many PADI instructors short. There are many who go beyond those minimums and put together outstanding classes. Mike Ferrera is an excellent example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom