Getting More Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TropicalSue

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I've been getting more gear lately. Little by little.

I got a prescription dive mask from scuba.com

I got a weight belt & weights from ebay.

I went to the scubatoys store in TX and got a dry snorkel w/purge, and some other things.

They were very nice & helpful to me in the scubatoys store. I stayed in there for awhile, partly to wait out a big thunderstorm & tornado warnings, and partly b/c I just wanted to explore the place & see everything they had.

I am mostly going to be doing underwater treasure hunting in shallow water in Florida where I live. Currently I'm a long haul truck driver so I travel all over the country. I am home once a month for 4 days & I take trips down to nice beaches when I'm home.

I also applied for a job at home & hope to hear from them in the next week or so. Then I can take the time to get certified as I'll be home all the time.

I have some fins already that fit great. I am going to get a wetsuit, skin suit & possibly a electric hookah rig.

ttyl, susan and my dog kelly

Welcome to ScubaBoard Susan!!!
How deep are you planning on using this electric hookah rig? I don't know the area you are in but there are other precautions you might need to take before you do this hunting of yours. If there is boat traffic you will need to make yourself visible on the surface so they can avoid you. Even hookah can be dangerous without proper knowledge. I recommend talking to a local dive shop about what you intend to do and let them guide you before jumping into this.

Best of luck to you and remember if you have questions, this is the place to ask them!:cool2:

Hi Diverrider, thank you for your welcome & info. Yes, I do plan to talk with any and all dive shops about hookah before I hook up to one and try it out. I plan to do some ocean, lake & river hookah dives in no more than about 10' of water.

I'm looking for lost jewelry from swimmers, and possibly some of the 1715 fleet treasure off the east coast. Currently, I am emailing with the Gold Hounds Treasure Divers that own the rights to that treasure. I may become a sub contractor with them. I will find out more info on that in the next few days.

Just last summer they found some recent treasure that is pretty exciting. It's on the treasurenet boards. He goes by the name goho on that board. He does scuba all day, working the wreck site.

He may even be on this board? Quite possibly.

Anyway, thank you again, and I'm glad I found this board to ask all kinds of questions. Everyone is very nice & helpful here. :)

Susan, and my dog Kelly

Hello again Susan, I have been involved with treasure diving on a much larger scale and it is quite exciting. I hope you are able to secure a contract with that outfit. Keep in mind all the laws applicable to that particular area and wreck. I'm sure he will go over this with you when you meet with him about the contracting job.

Good Luck :wink:

Hi, I went to the treasure coast last monday and had a great time. I saw the Gold Hounds Treasure Divers boat but not the crew. I did some swimming near Wabasso beach and tried out my new prescription dive mask that I got from scuba.com. It worked great. I did not find any treasure, but I bought a replica piece of 8 from the gift shop at the McLarty Treasure Museum. :)

Sounds interesting, keep us posted on your hunting. Check our site when you get a chance - we've got some good deals on dive lights plus just added a section for latest news and events releated to scuba. Hoping it will become something like the Drudge report for scuba. The link is in my signature below.

I've never used one myself, but hookah's can be very tricky and dangerous things - even in just 10 feet of water, be careful! And best of luck with the new job prospect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom